Fashion Forward: My Fall Picks [Sweater Edition]
Here’s the next edition of my fall fashion picks!
There’s a reason they call it “sweater weather”, and today’s post is entirely dedicated to that namesake. There is nothing like curling up with a great book, a cup of coffee, and a wonderful sweater. To me, this is the epitome of fall.
So, without further ado, here are my fall sweater picks!
1. The Layla Hoodie from Brandy Melville – $37 . This lightweight hoodie is the perfect layering piece for the fall. The stripes are subtle enough to go with almost everything and it just looks SO cozy. This is a great, easy piece to throw over a t-shirt and jeans or throw a leather jacket over for colder weather. Add a scarf and a pair of great boots and you’re set!
2. Kimchi Blue Shaker Cropped Sweater from Urban Outfitters – $49 . A cropped sweater may not seem like the most practical knit for cold weather, but I think this piece has fantastic possibilities. Throw this sweater over your favorite summer maxi dress to immediately transform it for fall. It would also look wonderful over a high waisted skirt or pair of jeans. It’s simple, but cozy: a definite win!
3. Hendrix Yarn Fringe Poncho from Free People – $298 . This is for all my hippies-at-heart out there! My love for ponchos has grown exponentially over the past couple of years and this poncho simply adds to my adoration. This poncho is fit for a rockstar and will make a simple outfit amazing. It makes me want to go on adventures. I would love to live every fall day in this crazy-wonderful piece.
4. Cassette Society Freedom & Glory Long Cardigan from Urban Outfitters – $159 . The maxi sweater is back this season and showing up in more stores than ever. This particular sweater combines the practicality of a cardigan with the twist of the maxi length. It may seem silly, but I also love the pockets on this sweater. For me, pockets on a sweater make it that much more comfy and cozy. This sweater would be a great staple for almost any outfit.
5. Days of Marigold Cardigan from ModCloth – $70 . This sweater has two of my very favorite things: mustard yellow and toggle clasps! Such a combination! Pair those with a hood and a simple, but interesting texture, and you’ve got a winner in my book.
6. Double Breasted Coatigan from ASOS – $84 . Yet another simple and cozy sweater for the collection. This piece is a bit on the longer side and would look great with some patterned leggings, a simple tunic, and some flats. A great sweater can really transform any outfit into a chic look while keeping you comfortable.
7. Cozy Knit Jacket from Anthropologie – $138 . By far the prettiest and most girly piece for this post, I love this sweater for so many reasons. This is the type of piece that can be dressed up or dressed down quite easily. With the right outfit, it would even work for a business or office type of environment. It would look great over a summer dress with some tights and heels, or over a simple blouse with jeans and some boots. The possibilities are truly endless, which is why a piece like this is a must in every wardrobe.
8. Botanical Book Club Cardigan from ModCloth – $58 . I immediately fell in love with the colors and pattern of this sweater. The floral is simple and unobtrusive while carrying what is usually seen in the spring perfectly into the fall season. The silhouette is such that I believe any shape or size could wear this sweater and look fabulous. The open front also lends itself to being worn openly and casually or belted for a more put-together look. I’ll take 10, please!
I’m really hoping you are enjoying these posts. I love fall fashion more than any other season and these have been a ton of fun for me to create!
Where are your favorite places to shop? Leave a comment and let me know and I will try to use those websites as sources for future posts. Sometimes you never know what’s out there or the possibilities of an article of clothing until you see it through a fresh pair of eyes.
Happy fall, everyone!!
Posted on September 24, 2013, in Fashion, Inspiration, Styling, Trends and tagged 2013, anthropologie, asos, boots, clothes, fall, fall 2013, fall fashion, fall winter, fashion, fashion inspiration, fashion styling, fashion trends, h&m, inspiration, love, modcloth, scarf, style, styling, sweater, sweater weather, sweaters, trends, urban outfitters, wardrobe inspiration, wardrobe styling. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.