Fashion Forward: My Fall Picks! (Basics Edition)
So, who else is ridiculously excited about fall????
I cannot WAIT for the day when I can pull on some heavy jeans, boots, cardigan, and a scarf and feel the crisp breeze on my face. Fall for me is also another excuse to overload on coffee, so there’s that…
Well, fall is our inspiration for today’s post. Most of the major retailers have already put out their fall lines for this year, and as I’ve been browsing, I’ve seen some returning trends as well as some new ones for this year’s cold weather wardrobe. So, I’ve picked 8 of my favorites for this fall!
DISCLAIMER: I quite understand that many of the items I’m sharing are at a higher price point than many may be willing to spend. However, the main purpose of this post is to give inspiration. Each item is something I would consider a staple wardrobe piece and something similar will likely be easy to find in stores at a better price. So, take a look, see what you like, and you can start a search for your very own individualized version! With this said, I hope you all enjoy! 🙂
(1) Rail Straight Jeans from Madewell – $98 – I love these jeans because they are a bit of a departure from the skinny skinnies we’ve been seeing for so long. They offer a bit more of the “boyfriend” jean feel and I love to have the option of cuffing my jeans to offer a whole different look!
(2) Kara boot from Dromedaris (color: Saddle) – $149 – These boots are my dream boots this fall!! I love the distressed look in this color. The brand, Dromedaris, is also a comfort brand (yup! That’s right, comfortable shoes!!)! I highly recommend checking out the Teal color as well, because I’m quite torn between the two colors.
(3) Leather-trim dress from Madewell – $165 – The circle-skirt/peplum look is obviously staying for the fall. I love this look because it is so flattering on so many different body types. I would go so far as to say that ANYONE could pull this dress off. I love this one in particular because the leather-trimmed collar gives the otherwise girly dress a bit of an edge: LOVE.
(4) Royal Damask Sweatshirt from Forever21 – $17.80 – I’ve seen a LOT of damask print in the collections for fall. Damask happens to be one of my favorite patterns, and gold happens to be my go-to color right now, so this sweater just jumped out at me. While it may not seem like your typical “basic”, a piece like this can be worn in many ways, dressed up, dressed down, and gives a wonderful pop to any outfit!
(5) Turtleneck sweater from H&M – $79.95 – This oversized, super comfy sweater gives a great update to the turtleneck sweater. While a turtleneck can tend to look drab or a bit matronly, this slouchy version would look great with a pair of leggings and boots. Comfy and chic!
(6) Distressed Faux Leather Moto Jacket from Forever21 – $42.80 – The leather jacket may never truly go out of style. I love this more affordable version because of the distressed look without too much excess hardware. You could throw this puppy over almost any outfit to give it a more put-together, yet punky look.
(7) Sleek Asymmetrical D’Orsay Flats from Forever21 – $22.80 – A perfect transition shoe, these flats will look good with just about ANYTHING. They have the sleek look of a pump while also keeping the comfort of something more like a sandal. Plus, the closed toe means you could even wear them with tights for the chilly weather!
(8) Fine Knit Sweater from H&M – $14.95 – Well, what do you know? Another slouchy sweater! This lighter version is the perfect casual top for any day. This would look wonderful with printed jeans or even tucked into some square-hipped trousers!
Let me know what YOUR picks are for this fall down in the comments below!
What trend do you look forward to buying and wearing for the duration of the season??
Until next time! xoxo
Posted on September 11, 2013, in Fashion, Inspiration, Styling, Trends and tagged basics, clothes, fall, fall 2013, fall basics, fall fashion 2013, fall trends, fall trends 2013, fashion, fashion basics, fashion inspiration, fashion inspiration 2013, fashion trend, fashion trends, inspiration, trend, trending, trends. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.